Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lady with the Cat

I have just woken from a nap. I am tired. I feel as though my heart is pounding but it isn't really. I have a sense of moment, of being caught up in a wave, an overwhelming wave and I am overwhelmed but trying not to be overwhelmed but it's big and I just have to keep on top of it and go with it and let it run its course and marvel at the sea-green cold and enjoy the warmth of the bedcovers even as my head pounds and feels like the sound you hear when you put a shell to your ear which at one time I did think was the ocean but turns out to be the blood coursing through my veins. So the blood is coursing through my veins and my hand moves across the page and I breathe, and breathe, and lie back still, knees up, bare, hand on my thigh, smooth and warm, and my hand moves and I wait for you and wonder when tu viendras.

No comments:

Post a Comment