Saturday, February 13, 2010

George Lucas has nothing on this

Belle to J, 13 July 2008
Yesterday towards evening, D and I were sitting on the back porch when I spotted a cat sitting motionless in the overgrown lawn at the western edge of our yard. (How is it that cats sense property lines, and not just because Rafe enforces them?)

Its face, a pretty patchwork of black and white, floated above the grass. A new cat here, one I haven't seen before. I thought of Miko, and of you. The cat remained motionless for a while, and faced us with an unblinking gaze. When I thought of it again later, it was gone.

No birds beating on windows here, but yesterday at dusk when I opened the door a hare bounded across the lawn, Gwynnie was spooked, and when I looked at what she was looking at there was a black cat sitting motionless at the edge of our property, eyes blinking yellow like a pumpkin lantern, staring at me. (How is it that cats enforce property lines?) It was the same longhaired black cat I saw the other night. And then it streaked away.

Guillermo del Toro on the other hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment