Sunday, February 7, 2010

thank you for the music

I have been floating all day long
and for the last several evenings
on a dream barge of radio
songs played by WKZE
one after another and another, and another
to my utter wonderment & delight.
I can hardly bear to turn off the radio
(since I can't bear to delete any of your messages,
there are scores of these running up and down each page of my mailbox
)
or to be away from it for long (my short nap was fitful - had to get back).
Drove around a bit today, thinking I might go to Old Chatham
but KZE doesn't come in Deep in the Heart of Columbia County, not in my car anyway, so I scrapped that plan
and bought brie at the supermarket instead.
No peaches on the magic rack today - but nectarines
and Kirby cucumbers, good for pickling.
(Even their songs on the intercom - spritely & indy declarations of love - speak to me.)
Back home, cooked catfish though not collard greens
for lunch while listening to a man singing about - pizza?
I listened more closely. No - pissaledière! Okay, I am taking all of this very, very personally, and I LOVE IT!!

I'm now a believer
in massive (angel)wing conspiracy theories and comprehensive stimulus packages.
But I am sensible. I don't believe, for example, that state DOT
has anything to do with all this
though on Route 21 I did drive past Featherbed Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment