Monday, March 19, 2012

Vanilla (or, as 'salt loves meat' )

Message from Belle to Mr. ~, Saturday afternoon
I just wanted to drop you a note, to thank you for being so game as to take me up on my proposition that we meet this morning. I had a really nice time -- though -- I'm sure you know -- as publishers write we're "not quite right for us." But I had a nice time nonetheless, and I did incorporate our encounter in my blog post this afternoon, and I thought you might like to read it -- by way of feedback -- in a kind way, I mean - I hope - just so that -- well I hope it goes absolutely wonderfully perfectly just where you want it to go --- the next time

thank you for such a delightful encounter with you, in various forms, over the last couple of days! I am very glad to have met you -- all the very best, Belle

***
Hi sweetheart, I wonder where you are. I am completely bushed. I just spent several hours cleaning the house, as much of it as I could, stripping down to just panties to clean the baths, upstairs & down, wash the kitchen floor (Cinderella as Francis Bacon, paralytic on all fours). I'm in a good mood, my mind was on the go constantly as I kept seizing on yet another item that needed a swipe for de-dusting -- upstairs blinds, oh you name it. But now I have relaxed a little, wiping one by one individual fronds of a potted palm up here in the aerie. And listening to the eveningtide sounds, peaceful bird calls - they have a sense of the hour...

You know, I'm very bad at writing short stories, but as I stood, slowing myself down as I went through the relaxing motions of washing the plant, I thought reflectingly, with a sense of quiet pleasure, that I feel as though I've just been in one, or tangentially helped with something - maybe? I mean, I had a little coffee date the other morning, he'd been posting ad after ad for a while now, and he sounded appealing to me, though slightly beyond my range, geographically, and in age. But appealing in other ways. And he was nice, he was. I'm glad I met him. And maybe he feels that way about having encountered me. Things definitely didn't 'fly' between us... it turns out that he was looking for something - or someone - other than what he'd been posting about. I mean, when I see 'non-vanilla' - well, if that's code for something specific, then I didn't know the code, and figured I'm nonconformist enough to count as that. Plus to me, at this point, anything other than blue battery-operated toys would be manna, whatever the flavor - besides, doesn't the resourceful deployment of such toys, and the revelations they have brought me, count me as 'non-vanilla'? Anyway - so I trolled the usual postings this morning, to see what had gone up overnight... and there was a brand new ad from him, completely reworked & reworded.... explicitly stating the nature of exactly what he is looking for. I read his post, and can't help but think that it's in direct response, a re-gearing as a result of our meeting over coffee this weekend. And you know what? I'm glad this all happened, I think it's quite beautiful actually. I mean, I responded to an ad in good faith... and I know that he posted in good faith too, but was feeling reticent. And increasingly frustrated, because the respondents aren't who he's really looking for. And something broke, somehow for him - that is, liberated him - and now he's directly stating what he wants. And if he'd done so from the start, there's no way I would ever have responded, I would have sailed right on by. And the other thing is, at my 'ripe old age' (hardly - but experienced enough, certainly, to feel very empathetic & philosophical about things -- though I have my limits) I understand that individuals may have a very divided nature. I believe he is looking, on some level, for who he originally thought he was seeking - but on another level in his divided self, he's really yearning for, especially as he (we all, at our ages) confronts aging - oh, his fantasy...

Anyway, I was gratified - having typed that, perhaps I shouldn't take credit, my possible effect (if any) so personally - that he finally was able to dare write what he really wants (and if you can't do so in that venue, where can you?) and I truly hope for him, that he finds just precisely who he wants.

Wow, so in this season, when encounters such as this can be so gentle & profound & kind & nudge us towards our true selves & something good & beautiful? I am very glad to be within my own Chekhovian short story.

Darling, I am so tired, my fingers are just tapping on the keys, channeling whatever's firing my tired brain...

and you & I have a connection, perhaps not so dissimilar
a connection - anyway
many many kisses, darling love

***
CL posting, this morning
Non-Vanilla Romance, fun, literate, music, arts, kink ... right responder is craving,curious, or already experienced submissive to whom the word 'spanking' alone may have an alternative meaning for her...

No comments:

Post a Comment