Friday, March 9, 2012

and now the purple dusk
of twilight time
steals across the meadows
of my heart




***
Hi sweetheart, my dearest Steve McQueen, hope you're back wherever safe, home I presume... oh my dearest. I will keep this post short, unlike yesterday evening's. Ah, gazing around the aerie is such a long beautiful wonderful soothing moment, as is thinking of you, your putting your arms around me. And yet it's just a glimpse - a moment gone, oh but there's this sense of time standing still - maybe we can - not capture this as a Nabokovian butterfly - but simply slow time down -- until it simply stops - there's a moment - that maybe - in its absolute ephemerality - stands for all other such moments -- cats, unwilling poseurs, giving life to an otherwise empty room - for just a little moment

and now we're well into the gloaming, slipping past it into night
and Gwynnie snoozes on the rug near me
sleeping with one eye open, I'm sure
waiting for me to leave my chair

love you, darling
kisses for you, oh so very many

***
high up in the sky the little stars climb
always reminding me that we're apart


***
message from Belle to CL poster

... it would be nice if we could hit it off! But unfortunately, as you will see from my first message to you, I'm sure that geography will be an issue against our meeting. Though that has never stopped me (as in my blog to my beloved muse) from pursuing the "conjunction of the mind."

here's a link, via my blog, to the poem...
***

From the The Definition of Love, by Andrew Marvell,
Therefore the love which us doth bind,
But Fate so enviously debars,
Is the conjunction of the mind,
And opposition of the stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment