Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hi sweetheart, I have had the most delightful afternoon, it will be a challenge to capture tiny fragments of its evanescence as it passed - but boy I had a swell time. Right now there's a neighbor's chicken roasting in a clay pot, surrounded by root vegetables that mostly I didn't even bother to trim: the last of the CSA sweet potatoes, earth still on them (I rinsed them off, even if I didn't peel), brussel sprouts, carrot, small red potatoes. Yes I should have had my camera ready & handy-- the pot, laden with the small hen, legs straight upright (in slightly unsettling rigor mortis) surrounded by all golden orange brown earth tones of veg & clay pot -- well, it would have made for a stunning photo. But we've seen such photos before...

Oh sweetheart, I am throwing my arms around you and kissing you hello. I had the most delightful afternoon today. I'm very glad indeed, that I had quit smoking all those years ago, because along today came along a... better date. Ah, I don't really view it in those terms (belles, irises, delphinium...). Anyway, I had a wonderful time, whether it goes anywhere or not, I hardly care, the two of us are like a pair of individual Robinson Crusoes stranded on this frosty archipelago of a county, having a hard time connecting with anyone at all let alone romantically, or sexually. He & I (I'll speak for myself) had a great time talking, listening, talking, listening - at a wonderful hideaway rustic pub, dark tavern warmed with woodburning stove...

After he drove me home in his dream boat... man, it was just swell... barge of dreams...

And we talked dreamily of philosophy, and of movies, and of our respective spouses, and of all sorts of things...

really cool guy
glad I met him

so - sweetheart - where are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment