Wednesday, March 3, 2010

F***ing Awesome

Dearest love, how are you today? Wherever you are I hope you are happy and smiling. I go through termagant mood swings myself as my day beats ceaselessly against the current, but at the moment feel a bit orgastic. I keep missing it when David Gray sings Stella the Artist. I gather from the KZE playlist that they played it overnight but I was asleep - blessed release, except for missing the joyous song. This afternoon I spent an hour at the library and when I returned to the car - as I learned later I had just missed it. I have had it with missing that song. Like chasing butterflies, or you, or me, for 33+ years. How much more can "one" take? It's not my only frustration, as you well know. (Oh darling, you & me both.)

Am downloading the youtube of Gray performing the song on Letterman. Had a Holly-Hunterish sob as I called it up because - no exaggeration - it takes on the order of two hours to download a 4 minute video.* At the library I had luxuriated in instantly downloading clip after clip, catching up on all sorts of stuff - except forgot to look up Stella. My bad. The universe granted me a small dispensation. Back at the car, Bob Schneider's wonderful 40 Dogs (Romeo & Juliet) came on, and I pretty well pounded the steering wheel over that one, while trying to go 25 (god, those arbitrarily low speed limits on the Route 9 Kinderhook straightaways - who made those rules? They're all about mere obedience.)

About half of the youtube has downloaded - enough to play. Gray is belting his heart out. That song rocks. How cannot it not be #1? It's fantastic. Mr. Letterman, thank you so much for having the one-outfited man on that I'm inclined to give you an executive pardon too. Kisses all around.

Later, dearest. Stretching out my arms farther, to you.

And one fine morning---




*cc: Rep. Scott Murphy I take such impediments in major dudgeon, do you hear? This is a major drag on creativity. Those synapses have to fire, not just sit there like a wet pancake in a Walmart parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment