Thursday, March 4, 2010

dau

Myths, in the very old days, were as endlessly flexible as gossip, and gossip is how, in essence they began...

starting a rumor about you & me...

sometimes it's not the end of the story
there's a better ending
a coda on the coda
a canal gets superfund status
that seems like a good thing
not a "blow" at all

I fished out a paper I once wrote about it
and thus found my autographed copy of Hugging the Shore

this morning on my walk
I hugged the shore of the creek
the water was grey-green, like sea water
on the opposite shore one white-tailed deer
chased another

***

italicized texts

NYRB review of Tiepolo in Pink
John Prine, We're Not the Jet Set (on KZE)

factchecker: No - not John Prine - Delbert McClinton, Starting a Rumor
(but still, we're not the jet set)

No comments:

Post a Comment