Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Livin' the Life

Dearest love, the most beautiful hour right now, so much engaging my senses, liquid light exquisite, shadows long, sharp contrasts in dark and light. A wonderful dinner is roasting in the oven - chicken, whole russets, a pan of cubed carrots & winter squash tossed with minced garlic and EVOO. I sat outside on the porch with a glass of wine, light liquid, shadows long, wind chimes caroling, and remembered that I had pastry dough in the fridge and some apples. So I went in, got out the dough, rolled it out, came back out on the porch with the apples and sliced them into a bowl. As my hands moved a song on KZE mentioned the Colorado Rockies, and of course I thought of you. I turned my face to the sun and shut my eyes and saw a color field of red, my own blood I suppose. Now there's an open-face pie baking too. Up here in the aerie it smells of the promise of a fine meal to come, and the magical light, gone now from downstairs, is up here still.

Ah sweetheart, I have nothing deep or especially poetic for you tonight, just thoughts of you, and well wishes. Tonight is Date Night at the Rhinecliff, plus The Bottomless Pit with Marshall Crenshaw, whose DJ speaking voice I really like and drift asleep to most Wednesday nights... Plus Evolution with Rick, but unfortunately I'm hardly ever awake for it.

Now there's a beautiful David Gray song on, Brick Walls. I wait and the time will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment