Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cupidon s'en fout

A man came to the door today
KZE played loud in the room where we stood
going over what I should get
The back door was open
spilling music onto
the porch, the garden,
and the sunny drive.
Hello, hello, I heard someone
say above the song
and I said, D,
someone's at the door
he went to see and I kept on
I looked nice, soft colors, about to go out
My hair was up but fell about
I kept watering, glanced at the door
A guy stood on the porch talking to D
He's selling something, I figured
and went to the kitchen, put more water in the can
then he was in the house with D
they stood talking in the sunlit room
I looked at him again
He looked like you
lean build, tall, grayer maybe than you
jeans, rugged looks, manly, good
From the kitchen I stood and looked
then he looked and D said
oh that's my wife, and I smiled and
said hi and kept smiling and looked. Why run?
So I looked and I smiled and he smiled and he looked and I looked
high beams flashed
my hair was up but fell about
I fled upstairs and had a good laugh
I had been about to leave, but
his truck was parked behind our car so now I couldn't
there was no rush
so I wrote a post and even after slow uploads heard
they were still in the driveway. So I thought look here's
my chance for another look. He'll never be back.
So I went out
hung laundry and checked again
He looks like you, enough to pretend.
A song is now playing, and it sounds like
yo-la-yo-la-yo-la-ee-aye-yo
en français.
I need a tall glass of water.
So what's his story I later asked. I got an answer.
He needs carpentry work - something,
roofing work, masons willing to dig holes,
I forget what.

No comments:

Post a Comment