Thursday, April 8, 2010

good morning happiness

What a fine day! It is gorgeous out, the air is mild and soft, and the garden is coming to life. I was up and running correctly at the conservation area at seven, earliest I've ever been. It's when I could get the car, plus it's supposed to hit 80 today. I had the place to myself except for the birds, coyotes, maybe a bear, if a sighting on the red trail as reported in the log is to be believed, and any New Earth Army hiding in the bushes. A song was going through my head, Marshall Crenshaw's Never Coming Down that played overnight. A lovely, lilting waltz (I think) - deceptively simple. It makes unexpected, expressive turns that I love and found as I sang aloud (la la la never coming down la la la) aren't so easy to duplicate. Anyway. Birds were singing and so was I, a fine way to start the morning. Then I stopped at the supermarket and came away with pots of spring flowers. I planted the daffodils in a border, and placed tulips and hyacinths around the house. Working on another bit of memoir this morning which I'll post later. My hair is up, I feel fit, fine and positively hugged and kissed this morning. Have a beautiful day, dearest - kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment