Thursday, April 14, 2011

My dearest, I really haven't given any thought to what besides the obvious we might do next week, that is, I have no idea what's going on in the city as far as cultural offerings go. But just now as I've sat down with my icefilled glass in my room with a view (if I care to get up to look at it) and golden light (which I apprehend simply by turning my head to regard sunlit rattan chairs and patterns of light - the opposite of shadows - illuminating a wall), I've opened an email that includes a glowing review (linked to here) of a new exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum, Rooms With a View: The Open Window in the 19th Century, that sounds very appealing, up our alley I think - or hope. How can I know what you might like? But I sense that you might enjoy this - or that we both would, seeing it together.

***
Open Windows
of the 21st Century

me
folding up blog post
& figuratively tossing it
paper airplane style
out aerie window


you
having received it
reading
by lamplight
my post
on your iphone





***
very many kisses darling
XOXO

***
images:
Caspar David Friedrich (1774-1840), Woman at the Window, 1822, oil on canvas, 44 x 37cm., Nationalgalerie, Berlin

Georg Friedrich Kersting (1785-1847), Man Reading by Lamplight, 1814, oil on canvas, 47.5 x 37 cm., Oskar Reinhart Foundation Museum, Winterthur, Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment