Friday, December 2, 2011

Hello darling, nothing writerly tonight dearest, just very many kisses, and a glass of delicious ice-filled pink wine. Won't you join me? Oh please do. I'm tired this evening, but in a nice way. Where did the day go? The days seem to go by so much quicker now that it gets dark before five. Not that my days were so action-packed in warm-weather months, but I seem to get less done these days. Ah, but anyway. So I didn't manage a session with you - but I have the impression that you did (so glad one of us did, sweetheart, happy for you!). Managed a walk with weights, along the empty roads around here, but didn't get in a workout. Ah, this impromptu confessional keeps me honest anyway, darling...

It turned out to be a day of sensory and visually delightful treats. This morning I opened the back door to let the cats in or out (it hardly matters which) and found a box on the porch. My new undergarments had arrived. Can I tell you that I am 52 years old -- and I am beholding, on the desk beside me, my very first black lace bra and black silky panties? These are by far the sexiest items of underwear I've ever owned. And not that I ever viewed myself as such an ascetic. But I guess eroticism didn't have high billing in my life for the longest while -- til - well, these days. As erotic as these items are, to me anyway - the black lace bra is threaded with a gold design, reminding me of expensive chocolate pleated papers in which come nestled exquisite confections, the ones with coded swirls on top

(oh darling that deserves a coded swirl of my own to give -- come here you)

I tried the undergarments on -- straps adjusted, the bra fits beautifully, as do the panties. I think I look alright! I would love to know what you think. Put it this way -- I think they would look wonderful under my black wool coat, the one with the faux-fur collar...

Actually, darling, as much fun as it is to have unusually gorgeous underwear, I bought it simply because I wish to look & feel as attractive as possible next Saturday evening. I have a beautiful outfit, and new bag & shoes, not to mention black opaque pantyhose... of course I wished just the right undergarments, to complete the effect - at least in my own mind.

Darling, there was a bit more consumerism this afternoon, this in the tabletop department...

Ah, but before I get to that - it's six - let me run downstairs and put the amazingly fragrant garam masala-seasoned chicken drumsticks on 'warm', and turn off the flame under the basmati rice. I can't tell you how heavenly it smells up here - those wondrously warm exotic spices wafting up. I feel like a cat smiling, with cream. Or I think of a beautiful photograph I saw the other day, of Wisława Szymborska, seated with an elegant teacup, and a lit cigarette, her eyes closed, beatifically beaming... [Oh let me see if I can find that photo, it's really great - I think it's in the current NYRB that arrived in the mail the other day... yes I'm sure it is, it's an article by Charles Simic, and there's another one in there, an appreciation of a Vermeer exhibit, by Julian Bell - he writes exquisitely - they both do]


Ah, so here you have it my love - all in one take - my new lingerie, Wisława inhaling amazing perfume (perhaps - if she were here - the basmati & cinnamon-cardamom-coriander aroma floating upstairs), the pink roses I bought the other day... and a glimpse of a dinner plate... one of eight I purchased today, at two dollars apiece, at an incredible sample sale in town. Isn't the pattern divine? Perhaps you can't see it. Well it is divine, this elaborate gilt embossed lovely lavendery fractally complex stylized floral design... I would love to give a dinner party, buffet style, just now, and serve up wonderful portions of - oh whatever are the wonderful things I know how to make - on these dishes.

Dearest love, I love you truly, madly, deeply. Not at the moment so much, with other fragrances competing, but in the wee hours, when I wake late at night in darkness, and the house is all silent... I think of you, wrap my arms around a pillow, and kiss you, inhale you, very very very mocno...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment