Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Slow Ride, a Little Giddy

Darling, I've never done Slow Ride on the piano and my friends don't even have one but I'm sure we'll manage with other furniture and the floor. I don't know the song, but boy I love the lyrics. Breath of fresh air - not like that unhealthy "midwinter spring" stuff. Read it this morning when I woke up and my soul's sap quivered, sopping at sunrise, without my even having to look up words such as sempiternal (if it means eternal why not just say so?) or brazier (not what it sounds like, you bad boy). T.S. Eliot must have been insufferable at Scrabble.

Are you too feeling suspended in time, between pole and tropic, or is it hot in here? Ah, darling, another month to go, we're getting there. I can't wait to stir your dumb spirit, smell your earth smell, imbibe your bloom most sudden. We can roll all night. And to think - no scheme of generation - I'm that "peri."
If you came at night like a king
Or if you came by day for just what you came for
It would be the same
There are other places
Which also are the world's end
But this is the nearest, in place and time,
Right here right now in the Empire State.

I'm in the mood, the rhythm is right
Move to the music yea, we can roll all night, yea
Ooooh, ooooh

Oh baby. Dreamily channeling "Walter." There are three conditions which often look alike Yet differ completely, flourish in the same hedgerow...

You know, I didn't think I'd ever want to play Scrabble with T.S. Eliot. Now - I'm not so sure.

Here are my tiles.

TPOGSXX

What can be done with that? Lean in, darling, as I adjust my shawl over my naked brazier-less altogetherness, darling, and I'll fill you in...

Oh so many kisses, darling...

When the tongues of flame are in-folded
Into the crowned knot of fire
And the fire and the rose are one.


Slow ride! Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment