Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hello darling, happiness has been restored in the kingdom, the Princess is now in possession of two new toys, they both work...

I didn't actually go down with D. I woke up this morning feeling that I couldn't face the car trip, two hours and change down, the same back. My city trip is too fresh. I love going down to the city, but something about the travel, the change of scenery, throws me off. I felt as though I'd just in the last few days begun to resettle into my old routines.

I asked D how he'd feel if he went down by himself. Of course he gave me a little bit of a hard time given the nature of the errand - but ultimately he didn't seem to mind - I cross-examined him on that point several times. "It'll be faster if I go alone," he pointed out, which is probably true, since I'm constantly clutching the dashboard and asking him to slow down. Anyway, he truly didn't seem to mind - still doesn't, he's back now, in a good mood - and I'm grateful, even if I'm feeling a little guilty. But only a little. I sent him down with a nice meal - a lamb pita sandwich with mesclun & Greek yogurt, curried couscous, taboulleh salad.  I vacuumed the downstairs. Dinner will be nice - baked potatoes, roast beets, those leftover root vegetables. D's doing the pork chops. They're his thing.

Anyway, glad to have my accouterments back. It went smoothly for D in the shop. The clerk noted that their battery-operated toys aren't always the most reliable, but was delighted that this one's such a hit I wanted two...

My dearest, how are you? How's your weekend been? I'm sorry about my interminable post yesterday evening - it just went on & on, blatheringly. I could hardly stand to read it this morning. I think it's a symptom of my wishing to have simply been with you, so I kept hanging on to the post, on & on, plus maybe creeping anxiety that I was trying to quash, about the impending daytrip...

So I had a very pleasant, relaxing day, and got everything in (well almost) that I felt I needed to - that is, a workout and a walk. I'm not really trying to lose weight or drop sizes (though probably I should feel a little more motivated in that direction) but I'm absolutely resolute and vigilant about at the very least maintaining my hardwon physical fitness and toned (if still full) figure. Perhaps - no, not perhaps - that's another reason I really didn't wish to sit in the car most of the day - I felt I needed vigorous exercise, I'd missed too many days in the last week...


So I took a walk around here, camera in pocket. It was a beautiful day, intermittently overcast, but mild. Whatever leaves were green last week are now deep amber, due soon to fall off...

I did a good concerted workout to a bad Sean Connery/Catherine Zeta-Jones movie. She is lovely. Her perfect dancer's physique was an inspiration as I went through my own paces.

Darling, I have little report tonight, and I won't go on & on. But you were in my dreams last night. Here's what I noted this morning - I could only remember bits of it.
You & I are together. We long to touch but can’t, we’re not by ourselves and we mustn’t be caught, noticed. We sit close together and I surreptitiously place my hand on your thigh and you gently move it off – too risky. But then you reach behind me and kiss the back of my neck, inhale me – you're being far more overt (I think in my dream) than I had been...…

You're helping your youngest with some sort of project that involves cutting sheets of blank mail labels. I help, cut some too, along a line. The child is pleased with my effort - I’m doing it right, in her eyes.

You and I are at a pool together, wish to be together, but mustn’t be noticed or caught…
***
Darling, and so that's it for now sweetheart. Many kisses. See you again in my dreams. Til then, wherever you are, holding you tight - trzymaj siÄ™.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment