Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Virus: Ginger in Castleton On Hudson

Monday, 9:00 p.m. My blog has been infected by a virus in the form of a second "google follower" - this one malevolent - who goes by the name Ginger, of (according to my blogstat provider) Castleton On Hudson, NY.

I have had this happy little blog for a while now, the better part of a year. From the first day I started my blog I had one loyal, steadfast "google follower," as benevolent and lovely a soul as a blogger could ever wish for. Along the way there have also been very lovely circumspect readers and wellwishers, for whom I've always been very grateful.

Ginger saw fit to infect my space with her "presence" maybe a week ago, not even. She came on hot and heavy, left a few comments, and has since deleted them.

She has also since seen fit to read much into things - Stasi mind, hers (It Can Happen Here) - and to try to cause trouble.

Emily was right. Fascicles - safest.

***
Tuesday, 8:00 a.m. Last night I felt upset and invaded, and resolved to abandon my blog. This morning, however, I've decided not to do that. Why give power to the worm?

Instead, I realized that there's a way to block the unwelcome, unwanted Follower and so first thing this morning I flushed her right out. Good riddance. I will continue my blog. It's a great creative outlet for me, and a way for me to connect with the outside world.

Here is a comment (ahoy) that I wrote in response to her comment the other day. (She has since deleted her comments, but - as if we were friends - wanted details of my backstory and asked me to email her.)

I think my response stands as a fair brief statement of the spirit and intent of my blog.
Thanks for your very kind comments and your interest in my blog. As part of my "creative process" I would like for my blog to speak for itself - ambiguities and all. I think that's part of it, at least for me - that allows me freedom, poetic license, to write whatever I wish in my "purloined letter" to the world (hidden in plain sight). But of course - you are welcome to read into it whatever you wish! Thanks again!

On to matters of delight and amusement for the rest of the day, I certainly hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment