Monday, September 26, 2011

A Creature I Don't Know

***
From post of 23 Sept. 2011
My dearest, I'm back from that rainy drive, having greatly enjoyed it. Lucky me, a David Gray song came on, "Sail Away," which followed a very passionate, romantic song... I don't recall the name of the artist, a 22-year old Englishwoman. She was so ardent that I could imagine it was Emily Bronte on the heaths singing. And then came David Gray's response - Heathcliff's as far as I'm concerned! Sail away with me honey - oh yes please do.
***
Message from Belle to Radio Woodstock, 24 Sept. 2011
Dear WDST, Yesterday at about 3:15 p.m. your station played a beautiful song by a young woman. I didn't catch the name of the artist or the song title. The song was immediately followed by David Gray's "Sail Away." (Beautiful combination, those two songs together.) If there's a way you could possibly let me know what the song was, I would greatly appreciate it. I was trying to find your playlists online, but had no luck. Thanking you very much in advance, if the information is still available...
***
Message from Radio Woodstock, 25 Sept. 2011
Hey Belle, The song was called "Sophia" by a great singer Laura Marling. The album is called "A Creature I Don't Know."

***



***



***
image:
Pablo Picasso (1881-1973), Faun Revealing a Sleeping Woman (Jupiter and Antiope, after Rembrandt), 1936, etching and aquatint on paper, 316 x 417 mm (link here)

No comments:

Post a Comment