Monday, February 14, 2011

unplugged

My darling, my valentine to you is where my psyche took me this evening, perhaps in response to listening to/half-watching last night's as-to-be-expected overproduced lalapalooza Grammys this morning on tape while I moved about the kitchen, cleaned up, made chocolate chip cookies, peeled potatoes for mash, & the like.  Don't get me wrong - really enjoyed it...

Ah, sweetheart, my love, running a bath, turning the lights down low, dreaming of you, always.

Here is some lovely lute music, by Francesco Canova da Milano (1497-1543), to give you a sense of what the maiden might be playing - what I might be playing, if I knew how to play the lute, ah but I know other musical instruments, and love to improvise to see what produces, precisely, the most euphonious and delightful effect, whatever you like


Orazio Gentileschi (1563-1639), The Lute Player, c.1610/1620, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.

About Francesco Canova da Milano, also known as Il divino

No comments:

Post a Comment