Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hello darling. Up in the aerie with an icefilled glass of rosé, my heart full of love for you, so here right away is a hug and big kiss. A steady ringing of crickets outside, on the radio Jerrice is on with Women of Note. Back just now from the cinema in town, a German film called The Other Woman, about a former East German spy who has two wives and blackmails people right and left and is motivated mostly by greed rather than any loftier ideals (though he hides behind them). The story centers on his two wives who forge a friendship as they confront their truths. I didn't love it (file under post-Stasi steamletting), though the acting of the German actresses, both named (in real life) Barbara, was very much worth watching. One Barbara, with a Polish surname (so I thought) looked like Angie Harmon or Ali McGraw, strong dark-haired looks, the other, a blonde - maybe sort of like the actress Amy Madigan, only sexier - Madigan crossed with Dietrich. Is that even possible? In other words - and I like Madigan's acting a lot though I haven't seen her in a long while - but she doesn't exactly exude sensuality in most of her roles.

Oh anyway, I'm typing and rambling, as I lie figuratively in your arms Scheherezade trying to say something a little more interesting than any old thing!

Reading over yesterday's post - I never was the greatest storyteller. So a couple of minor addenda. The dishwasher we bought, the high-end one on clearance? Not only was the price slashed, Mark Ruffalo checked and though inventory indicated a box in back - it wasn't there. So we got the floor model, which meant even more off, so we were very happy. Also, with the couple that went into contract to buy our old apartment? They did renege on the contract and lost their down payment which went straight into our pockets tax-free (amazing, that) and they had used the dishwasher, of all things, as their excuse for cold feet. Or maybe it wasn't just an excuse. I have washed dishes by hand for most of my life, from age 5 or 10 to 45-1/2, and once you've had a dishwasher there's really no going back. How on earth did my mother do it, with all the cooking and dishes for 6? Good God. Well, I did do the dishes a lot there, standing at the sink looking out the window.

Darling love, how are you today? I hope Sunday brunch went well. Checking your weather - 61 and clear - it just gets lovelier. But - high surf advisory in effect til 10 pm tomorrow night! I wonder why? Storm out at sea someplace? Do you all have to drag your stuff upbeach some or are you okay where you are?

So what else with me today? Watched more Mad Men while lightly steaming then rapidly cooling biodynamic green beans courtesy of the neighbor whose toddlers eschew them which surprises me because I thought kids love green beans.

Listen you, I talk so much when I blog that you might imagine that I might be like this in person, blathering on and on mindlessly. Far from it - I am given to looking at things from the side of a room, listening, observing, offering a tart observation perhaps, and retreating once again into friendly bemused silence.

Ah but I'm utterly spendthrift and loquacious with kisses and hugs and laughs and smiles for you and tender touches and all and everything that I can possibly do - though I can no longer stand on my head - to coax a smile and whatever else and then some below the surf line from you, my beautiful loving beloved darling. I am going to launch this submarine of a love note to you and when it surfaces in the high surf of the beachhead where you are - well, well - I don't know what. Oh, just kiss me back, darling, metaphor run aground, or no metaphor. No nonsense kisses, darling. XOXOXO. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment