Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Lost Art of Conversation

Getting past the preliminaries...

On July 4, 2008, I wrote:

Hello Mr. North Fifth Street: Thank you for your wonderful blog! It is wonderful to have such a witty and intelligent forum in which to explore ideas about the local culture and beyond. I've been starved for intellectual stimulation, as you might tell, and your blog fits the bill... P.S. I am guessing that you are _____. If I'm right, then I think it's quite ironic that we should now be such Kindred Spirits on your blog.... since I guess at the time, you and I were Arch Enemies. Sort of. Or not really, since we had never met, and were both hired guns. At any rate, that's all past and I'm glad we're on the same page now. Anyway, take care, have a great Happy Fourth of July, and thanks again for your incredibly entertaining blog, which often makes me laugh out loud!

North Fifth Street replied: Good Lord ______ lives on State Street not North Fifth... Thanks for the compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment